Monday, August 17, 2009

DominKNITrix

by Jennifer Stafford

YES!! Back to some knitting posts. Well, sort of. I still have had no time to knit, but I did look this book over and can review it for you.

This knitting book had a very thorough and useful instructional section. For this reason only I give it 3 stars. The patterns in the book where not what I would expect from such a uniquely titled book. I would expect unusual, unique, bizarre, and even kinky patterns, but other than the mohawk hat there was nothing even remotely unique. I found the patterns boring and cliche.

That is the best I can do. I think perhaps 10 years ago this book would have been cutting edge for knitting patterns, but there are so many original designs today that they will have to work harder than this to pull me in. I think the only reason this book sells at all is the titillating title.

0 comments:

 
Blogger Templates by Wishafriend.com