Friday, August 8, 2008

Knitting...finally

Ok, I started this blog to talk about knitting and I haven't yet. Oops.
So, here goes.
The other night there was a knitting group at my library. I got to sit in and 'supervise,' you know, so they didn't get out of hand or anything. It was such a success. Seven people showed up. Four had never knit before. It felt great teaching someone to cast on when I myself have only been knitting for 4 months. I also impressed the veteran knitters with my cell phone sock:

I have to admit I am pretty proud myself. It was knit 'toe-up' using the magic cast on
which was very hard to perfect, but now is my favorite thing in the world. There are tons of YouTube videos demonstrating it as well. And I have started an MP3 case to match, which is also my own design.
I had ladies asking my how to make some of their own. It was pretty spiffy, you know?
So, here is my brief and easy pattern for a Blackberry. It can be modified for any phone by the number of stitches cast-on.

My Blackberry Curve Sock

Yarn: Any sock weight yarn. I used self-striping.
Needled: US sz5 DPNs or 2 sz5 circs
Guage: 1 inch = 6 st, 9 rows in stockinette

Using the Magic Cast-On or any other toe-up cast-on
CO 36 stitches, 18 on each needle

Knit each row in the round for about 4 inches.

*because this is 'toe-up' you can put your phone in the sock as you knit to see how much more you need*

K2, P2 for 5 rows for ribbing.

Bind off.

**********************************************

It's that easy. I hate to even call it MY pattern because there was nothing to it.

Coming soon, My MP3 Sock Pattern.

0 comments:

 
Blogger Templates by Wishafriend.com